Research Promotion Committee
The Research Promotion Committee Chair is appointed by the President-Elect. The Chair appoints a Vice Chair and a committee. The number of committee members depends upon the expected work load and the number of chapter members willing to do the committee’s work.
The Research Promotion Training Manual provides significant guidance for this committee.
The responsibilities of this committee typically include:
- Attending the CRC and Research Promotion Centralized Training
- Communicating effectively the objectives, accomplishments and benefits of ASHRAE research and its value to every Society member and the industry
- Increasing the annual income for Society-sponsored research through chapter solicitation of members and businesses that directly or indirectly benefit from ASHRAE research
- Providing support for and collecting funds for the ASHRAE Foundation and scholarships
- Coordinate efforts to obtain chapter Full Circle donations
- In collaboration with chapter officers, developing a plan and setting a total goal for funds to be collected
- Developing a prospect list of businesses in the area, especially those represented in the Society membership and those in an ASHRAE-related field
- Assigning minimum goals for the prospects Assigning each prospect to a committee member and preparing a detailed program with targeted dates for activities and reports
- Following current administrative procedures for collecting and reporting contributions
- Completing the Research Promotion Donor Form and submitting it with all checks to Research Promotion.
- Appendices 2L and 2M provide forms for these purposes.
- Maintaining a written record of each activity
- Cooperating and coordinating efforts with Regional Vice-Chairs for Research Promotion
- Coordinating with chapter officers to ensure that one meeting per year is dedicated to “Research” or “Research Promotion”